FATHER’S DAY DINING 2020: SOUTH COAST PLAZA
Restaurants at South Coast Plaza will be open Sunday, June 21 to welcome families celebrating dads. Choices are abundant—from the freshest of seafood at Water Grill to world-renowned Din Tai Fung, famous for hand-made soup dumplings and noodles. Reservations are recommended.
Many South Coast Plaza restaurants continue to offer takeout or curbside pickup for enjoying a Father’s Day feast at home. Here are some highlights:
TERRACE BY MIX MIX
(Crate and Barrel/Macy’s Home Store wing)
Dine-in Father’s Day Brunch
Saturday and Sunday, June 20-21, 11am-3pm
Takeout available with pre-order
4-7pm à la carte menu
Reservations call 657.231.6447 or online
Acclaimed chef Ross Pangilinan offers a three-course brunch menu with signature dishes on Father’s Day weekend. First-course choices are goat cheese toast, seasonal salad, albacore tostada or pork cheek adobo. Main-course options are prosciutto pizza with San Marzano tomato sauce, mozzarella, and arugula; crispy duck leg confit and French toast with blackberries and maple syrup; seared albacore salad with yuzu-soy dressing, or petite filet mignon with potato-leek mezzelune, almond romesco, cipollini, beef jus (add $10). Dessert choices are sorbet with tropical fruit or house-made rocky road brownie with caramel and ice cream.
- Add bottomless Mimosa for $15 with Brut and mango, prickly pear or white peach juice.
- Children’s menu offers selections of cheese pizza, pork adobo with rice or French toast.
- Father’s Day Menu (scroll down to menus)
- Three-course brunch: $25 (substitutions politely declined). Children’s menu $8.50
- Takeout: Pre-order by Friday, June 19, 6pm
- To order: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 657.231.6447
- Pickup: At restaurant, Sunday, June 21, 10am-12pm (curbside not available)
For reservations please call 714.463.6060 or online
For curbside pickup, chef Amar Santana has created a Father’s Day BBQ feast perfect for warm weather al fresco dining. It allows you to do the grilling of your selection of Vaca’s prized steaks at leisure.
Start with a pint of house- made roasted corn guacamole, freshly fried tortilla chips, half pint of ahi tuna poke and a quart of gazpacho. Choose from five steaks (prime hanger steak, prime skirt steak, house-aged bone-in ribeye, grass-fed NY strip and A5 Wagyu ribeye). Dessert is mixed berry clafoutis with vanilla crème anglaise, crème Chantilly.
Instructions on cooking steaks and a small Mason jar of chef’s seasoning mix are included. Packaged for two; priced from $110-$320, depending on steak selection.
- Menu and order online
- Order: Through Friday, June 19, until 6pm
- Pickup: Saturday, June 20, 12-4pm
For reservations please call 714.557.5679 or online
For curbside pickup, chef Ron Lee offers a choice of two packages, prepared for two:
“Super Dad” prix fixe is four-courses with choice of sides. First-course: filet mignon potsticker or English pea dumpling; second-course An’s famous garlic roasted crab; third-course choice of truffle cream Dory, pre-grilled prime ribeye (image attached) or whole Maine lobster ($12 supplement). Side choice of garlic noodles or roasted cauliflower. Two desserts included: Vietnamese mocha-chocolate layered cake and pineapple financier. For two, $199 ($220 value)
“Grill Master” cook-at-home: Baby Gem garden salad, two 12 oz. marinated prime ribeyes (chef prepped; you cook at home); roasted cauliflower, Dungeness crab mashed potato and garlic noodles sides (one of each); and two desserts—Vietnamese mocha-chocolate layered cake and pineapple financier. For two: $210 ($246 value)
- Pre-order: By Wednesday, June 17 for 15% off. Á la carte menu also available for takeout.
- Order: Through Saturday, June 20, 1pm
- Pickup: Sunday, 12-8pm
- To Order: Email email@example.com text 714.504.2822 | call 714. 557.5679
For reservations please call 714.432.1140 or online
For those preferring to celebrate at home, The Capital Grille offers a three-course dinner that simply needs to be finished in the oven.
Prix fixe menu starts with iceberg wedge salad and French rolls. Entrée is prime roasted rack of ribeye with sides of Sam’s mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus and house-made cheesecake with berries for dessert. A jar of signature Capital Grille steak sauce is a gift for Dad. Generously serves two, $135; for four, $245.
Also available for takeout are prime steaks from The Capital Butcher offerings, cut daily by in-house butchers for cooking at home. Custom sizes available upon request.
- Father’s Day takeout menu
- The Capital Butcher menu
- To Order: Call 714.432.1140 for curbside pickup beginning Friday, June 19
For reservations please call 714.437.5252 or online
Seasons 52 will prepare a special three-course dinner that just needs to be warmed and served at home.
The menu begins with a choice of field greens or romaine Caesar salad. For the entrée, select from wood-grilled rack of dry-rubbed pork loin (55-65 minutes to warm and finish at home) with lemon-honey glaze or a whole side of cedar plank-roasted salmon (25-40 minutes to warm), with Sriracha-honey glaze. Served with whole corn on the cob and choice of wild rice pilaf or Yukon mashed potatoes. Cookies ‘n’ cream and raspberry chocolate chip cannoli mini indulgences are dessert. Generously serves two, $75; for four, $130.
- Father’s Day takeout menu and order online
- Pre-order: Now for curbside pickup Friday, June 19-Saturday June 20.
- For Sunday pickup, please contact the restaurant.
- All Father’s Day Dinners require 24 hours advance pre-order.
For reservations please call 714.444.4834 or online
For curbside pickup there are three choices for Father’s Day at home:
- Morton’s classic menu with all signature dishes, fully prepared and ready to serve.
- Morton’s Butcher Block To-Go: An array of prime steaks, chops and seafood ordered à la carte to prepare at home. Produce, cheese, sauces and spice rubs also may be ordered.
- Morton’s Chef Table Home Kits: Morton’s specialties packaged with three courses menus ready for you to pick up, grill and cook in your home kitchen for two to eight guests.
Packages range from Home Cookout, Table for Two or Four, and For the Grillmaster. Priced from $89-$179